Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Jumper

Today it took more than an hour to get to work --and it was almost all traffic. (Normally it takes 25 minutes) About 15 minutes into the traffic a sign said "Expect Delays, Accident at 94 and 5 North.

About 35 minutes later I was merging onto the 5 North from the 94, expecting to see a huge accident. There was none. Instead I saw a woman standing on top of a bridge. Is it ironic that I was also listening to Third Eye Blind's "Jumper" about this time? But unlike the song, I was not urging this woman to step back from the ledge.


The bridge ...if you look real close you can see the woman standing on top, to the right of the palm tree.

If I remember correctly I said something a little more like "F@#$, Jump, B#$%^!"

Wow! Mean, right?!!!! I'm not proud of my road rage, but I think most of you would have similar responses.

It turns out that this woman has been threatening to jump since 1:30 this morning! WHAT?! So I wonder, why is she still there!?!? Why are 6-8 lanes of traffic still blocked for her?!?!! Can't they just tranquilize her and pull her off the bridge?

That's all ---just a little drive-to-work story. Hope your morning drive was less hateful. :)

No comments: