Monday, September 1, 2008

a week in review

A woman I met at the bus stop. She gave me a piece of chocolate and her grandaughter's name was Kenya. Somehow we managed to have a conversation despite the fact that my Spanish is horrible and her English wasn't any better.
My kitchen! I moved into my apartment yesterday. It's a little ghetto, but I like it. I have a stove, a refrigerator, a bed, a couch, a A.C., a bathroom, and even a TV with cable! Now all I need is the internet. I also have a small balcony with a beautiful view of Pico Bonita (a picture of which will soon find it's place on this blog).
La Ceiba: a taxi driver takes a break Saturday afternoon along La Ceiba's shoreline


3 comments:

abby said...

Emily,
My reaction when I first opened your blog was, "Honduras. What?" But having read down a few weeks, I am all caught up.

The teaching position sounds like a big challenge, so good luck. And the beach-side location sounds like the place for you.

I'll be following along.

abby said...

having two "abby" posts is going to get confusing :)

I adore your apartment! I can't believe you have a/c - I don't even have a/c! Congrats on finding a place to call home and I can't wait to see pictures of your view! Love you!

Susanne Barrett said...

Wow, what a beautiful place! Enjoy yourself, and I'm sure that you'll be a wonderful teacher. :)

Adding your blog to my Google reader, and feel free to add mine:

http://meditativemeanderings.blogspot.com