Sunday, October 26, 2008

DENGUE: Why, why, why?

So, for the past six days I've pretty much been confined to my apartment, popping benedryls every 8 hours and drinking lots of water and V8Fusion. I think I have dengue fever, also known as breakbone fever.

Here's the crappy little creature who gave it to me:

Listen to these symptoms of dengue:
Dengue fever usually starts suddenly with a high fever, rash, severe headache, pain behind the eyes, and muscle and joint pain. The severity of the joint pain has given dengue the name "breakbone fever." Nausea, vomiting, and loss of appetite are common. A rash usually appears 3 to 4 days after the start of the fever. The illness can last up to 10 days, but complete recovery can take as long as a month. Older children and adults are usually sicker than young children.
I've never felt this sick before in my life. And apparently there's no medicine for it... I'm just supposed to "let it run its course." If the illness can only last up to 10 days then I should be over it by Thursday. Perfect timing for finals. I HATE BEING SICK.


No comments: