Sunday, October 19, 2008

i heart journalism.

“I knew I didn't want to be a doctor or a lawyer or go into business. I wanted to be a writer and bring down the bastions of power that caused common people so much suffering. That's what I thought in 11th grade. I guess I never grew up. I still feel that way." ~Robert Friedman, investigative journalist


For the first time in my life I really feel like I have the opportunity to pursue stories that I'm passionate about. I have the power, skills and resources to cover stories that matter; stories that can make a difference in the lives of people who have no voice of their own. Because of this I am content being in Honduras; possibly even more content here and now than I've ever been before.

"There are lots of stories, so resist covering them all. Find one or two and go deep and write well."







1 comment:

linda said...

i am inspired by this. enjoying your blog.