Wednesday, November 12, 2008

shower patterns in honduras: a story that wont change your life

This is my shower. It misses me. Lately it hasn't been getting much use.

The problem is my shower only supplies cold water. In August, when it felt like my skin was going to melt off my body, I thought this wouldn't be a substantial problem. But now it is rainy season. What an appropriate name. The sun is often hidden, hurricane-like rains threaten and flood the city, and it gets surprisingly cold. But Hondurans have no sympathy when I tell them that I can't shower when it's cold. Thankfully the sun has been out the past few days. Thus, showers have been more frequent.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to clean the shower head or buy a new one. You have an electric portable heater attached to your shower head. A new one should only cost around 100 lps. Don't suffer.

Anonymous said...

hey girlll ...
I cant believe it, its been a while now ...
we dearly miss you ...

hey Justin and I made a blog page .. check it out !!!

http://justyandsusuatyourrescue.webs.com/

BOONE SOMMERFELD said...

No sabia que estás enseñando en Honduras! Que guay. ¿En cual cuidad enseñas? ¿Tegu? ¿Y qué enseñas? Un abrazo. Boone