Sunday, February 8, 2009

i found jesus in guatemala


See, I told you I found Jesus.

I went to Guatemala. I'm not supposed to be home yet, but I got sick and then got my credit card stolen, so now I'm back in La Ceiba recuperating.

With all that said, Guatemala is fantastic. The amount of art and culture in Antigua is amazing. Not only were there boutiques and classy cafes on every corner, but bands were performing live music every night. Wednesday night Micah and I stumbled upon a place called La Sala and heard great latin jazz. The next night was Cuban Salsa night.

However, Guatemala has much more than arts and culture. About an hour and a half away from Antigua is Volcan Pacaya ... one of several active volcanoes that people can climb. After being dormant for about a century, Pacaya erupted in 1965 and has been erupting continuously since.

Some photos from my trip:








5 comments:

D. Wo. said...

He found you first.

Anthony said...

this is really awesome. sorry to hear about your health and credit card. i hope you didn't step in the hot lava, you lose if you step in the hot lava.

Anthony said...

actually, we've already got a place. i'm living with brandon, amber, and tracie. i'm moving out on thursday! you should prolly come visit when you're done with south america.

Mama Durso said...

Dude! This is SO cool! I love all of the pictures you take and the great education you give me about Latin America. :)

Palindroman said...

Man..photos make me so jealous. I'm glad you are having a hell of a time. If you pay for a plane ticket, I'll come visit you and Micah!