Tuesday, December 23, 2008

san diego for the holidays

There's no place like home for the holidays. Thanks to a generous family friend I get to spend Christmas and New Years in San Diego.

My two days in San Diego have been awesome. Not only have I gotten to spend lots of time with my family, but I've also gotten to drive, take long, HOT showers, peruse books in a bookstore, speak in English ... all the things that I don't do in Honduras.

I'm grateful for the opportunity to be home for the holidays, especially since it may be one of the last times that I do stay for this long. However I can't help but think of my classes and the stories I want to pursue. I'm going to love being home, but I'm also looking forward to going back to my other home: La Ceiba.

2 comments:

Susanne Barrett said...

Glad you're back here for the Holy Days, Emily. Reading your blog has been a delight this fall, but I'm sure that those hot showers feel wonderful!

Take care, and give hugs to all of your lovely family members for me.

Susanne Barrett :)

Anonymous said...

hello miss emily,
we havent heard from you !!!
=[
i know i know you are a busy bee !!
hope you are doing good, and dont forget to call us !!

hugs and kisses,
-Suhein