Wednesday, April 29, 2009

venting

I love Central America and even teaching isn't so bad (sometimes), but I absolutely hate the administration at my school.

Today they took a days pay from my paycheck because I missed one day of work to renew my immigration status. They conveniently forget the fact that when they hired me they promised to handle ALL immigration issues. (A promise they have failed to keep twice).

Later today ... five minutes before my class was going to start ... the principal told me that another teacher needed my class so that the students could practice for graduation. I said that that didn't work for me because the students needed to finish their speaking exams with me.

"I don't care," he said.

"So, essentially you're saying my class doesn't matter?" I asked, after several minutes of polite, yet heated discussion in front of my 10a class.

"Yes."

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (no quotes on this one... I kept this thought inside my head)


If my class doesn't matter then WHY did the entire administration call me into the office last month to yell at me for missing a few days of work? Why did they tell me that I don't care about my job and that I am a bad teacher and that I don't work hard enough???? THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENS IN MY CLASS or the awesome types of projects that we do. How in the world do they have the audacity to, after giving me that lecture, take my class without any prior notice????

They're fools. I could handle another year of the students and Honduras --- but you couldn't pay me enough to deal with them a day past my last day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Emily, Im Jose Flores from ten A. Do you remember me?you must haha. I remember, I was there and it felt so good to see that someone was finnaly telling some truths to "THE ANGRY MAN". We miss u so much Ms. Moberly.