Sunday, May 3, 2009

this week-in-a-half in pictures:

APRIL 24: FUN DAY! Class was canceled and the entire school (from pre-k to my seniors) came to school to play games and eat lunch. My students called it "boring day" ... but that was to be expected. Micah and I shared a bunch of great ideas in the planning meeting, but none were used ... but that too was to be expected.



APRIL 28: I got my hair cut and highlighted. It doesn't look exactly like this, but it's close. :)




APRIL 29: I discovered that Mega (my supermarket) is carrying Dr. Pepper again!




APRIL 29-30: The administration tells all the students to wear masks at school to protect against the swine flu, which at this point has killed about 153 people in Mexico and one in the U.S.



APRIL 30: The Last day of class for seniors! After classes, 11B invited all the teachers to have lunch with them at Pizza Hut. It was really fun to hang out with them outside of class!



MAY 1: All of Honduras took the day off to celebrate Labor Day so Micah, Tyler (a Canadian friend who works for an NGO) and I went to Utila! I snorkeled, again. It was amazing, again. It's crazy to think that there's an entire world going on under water ... a world I know so little about.



MAY 3: I bought a kite! It cost 40.14 lempiras ... or about $2. As soon as it cools down a little, I'm going to put on my boots (to protect against bugs) and go out to the field in front of my apartment and fly it! It'll probably reinforce my neighbors' beliefs that I'm a little crazy.

3 comments:

kris said...

Nice pictures, and glad to hear you went snorkeling again. But why didn't you take a picture of your own cut and highlighted hair?
I miss seeing you, Love, your mom

abby said...

Which kite did you get? Please tell me it's the bear one!

Jordan_Ryan_Stewart said...

When I finally found Dr. Pepper in Germany I was about as happy as I have ever been haha. I wasn't quite the same, but close enough.