Sunday, March 29, 2009

Jungle River Lodge

The weather is getting hotter here and vacation time is coming. The whole mood of La Ceiba is changing. People are more relaxed and there's a lot more going on. To escape the heat this weekend, Micah and I walked/hitch-hiked to the Jungle River Lodge along the the Rio Congreal to read, swim and jump off rocks. The owner offered me a job bartending on Friday nights, so the weekends I'm in Ceiba I think I'll be working up there. I wont get paid, but I'll get to sleep and eat there for free.
It's Friday afternoon, school has just let out and I'm on my way to the Lodge.


The Rio Congreal.

The Jungle River Lodge at night. The bar to the right is where I'll be helping out on Friday nights.

3 comments:

abby said...

you found the shirt! that is so fun about bartending - i am jealous!

kris said...

Don't you know I read your blog...bartending...really! Another reason to pray for your safety, and don't think I won't. Love you mucho.

T-shirts and mini skirts said...

cute shirt!!

i tagged you for an award :)