Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thiefs can't make me sad

Someone stole my CD player from school. It was on my shelf in the teachers' room yesterday afternoon and this morning it was gone. I don't care a ton about the CD player itself, but it sucks because now I wont be able to play inspiring music for my students during reading time or T.I. and 'Lil Wayne when they're working.

However, this afternoon was awesome. Micah and I have started offering English tutoring to 9th, 10th and 11th graders on Thursdays for an hour after school. Today was the first one and although only four students showed up it was a great success.

We wanted to provide a place where students could get English help on a one-on-one basis. Today we spent the whole hour just talking. At the end one student said, "I can't believe I've been talking in English for a whole hour." She also asked us why we only offered tutoring once a week. :)

Yay!

Teaching is so much more fun when students actually want to learn! Maybe I do like teaching, a little.

2 comments:

T-shirts and mini skirts said...

Thank you very much! School is good and life is VERY busy :) one of the perks of being in a sorority...theres LOTS of dancing lol

I'm glad you enjoy teaching!! Sucks about your cd player though.
btw T.I. came and performed here (at UofA) back in February and Lil' Wayne is coming next Saturday!!! I'm pretty excited! the ying yang twins and shwayze are also coming next week!!

Anthony said...

that's cool. i bet feeling like teaching is successful is very inspiring.