Friday, March 20, 2009

Utila

Today I snorkeled in the reefs surrounded the island Utila. I drifted past exotic corals and came nose-to-nose with brightly colored fish. The sun was shining, the water was brilliantly blue and tropical music filled the air. 

As I mentioned in my last post, a dear friend from college (jonathan) surprised us by showing up in La Ceiba this week. Jonathan, Jonathan's friend Adam, Micah and myself went to Utila to have a good time. The boys are diving ... I'm just snorkeling 'cause I didn't have enough time to get diver certified or enough money to do a discovery dive. 

Honduras has three major Islands: Utila, Roatan and Guanaja. It's amazing how different each one is. Utila is all about diving and parties. It's less developed, more back-backer friendly and cheaper. But it's not as beautiful as Roatan. 

Anyway, got to go. Stomach is growling  ... the air is filling with smells of delicious dinners. I'm back to Ceiba tomorrow. 

1 comment:

T-shirts and mini skirts said...

Hey Emily!! So i'm kinda new to this blog thing...i had to create one for a class.

So how are you? I like reading about your experience in Honduras!! I hope you're having a great time there!

Have a great day!!
Megan