Wednesday, May 6, 2009

i painted my guitar!

May 6, 2009:

I've always wanted to paint a guitar but never had to guts to ... I was always afraid I'd ruin it with my mediocre art skills. But on Monday I decided that it was time to do it. "I'm Not There" was playing on TV, and something about Bob Dylan's story and music made me get up, walk to the mall and buy some paint. Here's what I've got so far! The gray shapes are supposed to be a lion! (lion drawing tutorial).


In other news, I was eating lunch at Quiznos and watching my favorite soccer team (Arsenal) get beat by Manchester United when I realized that Cristiano Ronaldo is as immature and childish as my male students. All I've ever heard about Ronaldo is what an awesome player he is and how hot he is (the latter comment coming mostly from my female students). I want to know how such a talented, well-known athlete gets away with acting like a cocky 13-year-old?


LASTLY, no one says it better than Bob: "Get up, stand up, stand up for your rights... Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight." The school is trying to screw Micah and I over again ... details aren't important but you should know that there will be a battle tomorrow and I'm prepared to fight. Some people say they don't believe in fighting. I think those people are either cowardly or apathetic. I don't support violence, but I am all for fighting because there are things definitely worth fighting for.

--paz y amor--

2 comments:

T-shirts and mini skirts said...

I didn't know you liked Arsenal! Yay!!
Did you hear about this...
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=643825&sec=uefachampionsleague&cc=5901

Anthony said...

i approve of your guitar painting.