Sunday, May 24, 2009

"it's a bittersweet symphony ... "

It's almost time for me to leave Honduras. June 4th I'll be moving out of my apartment and into my friend Tyler's apartment, along with Micah. By June 16 I'll be on my way to El Salvador where I'll meet up with Brittany Hoover for about 10 days of adventure and beach fun!

It sounds cliche, but my time here really has gone by quickly. I'm excited to be going home, but sad to be leaving. The past few weeks here have been great. Micah and I have more friends now! When we have parties it's not just the two of us! haha There's constantly stuff going on, and yet never before in my life have I had so much free time. I think I will miss a lot about Honduras.

This past weekend was the Carnival ... La Ceiba's claim to fame. It was a ton of fun! Thursday, Friday and Saturday night the streets were full of thousands of people. The streets were lined with colorful tables full of crap that, for some reason, everyone felt compelled to buy. Entertainment consisted of everything from punta peformed by the great Aurelio Martinez (La Ceiba local) and Honduras' pride Guillermo Anderson to a rock duet by two women wearing silver bodysuits. It was awesome ... I'll try to find time tomorrow to tell more stories about it!

1 comment:

Suhein said...

hey Em ..
long time !!! how are you??
we are excited to hear you are almost back, hopefully NOW I can see you ...

take care .. call me 619.581.3506

-Suhein