Tuesday, January 20, 2009

i want to join the circus

Had an eventful weekend. Here are some highlights from Saturday night:

1. The night started with the Renato Circus. It was amazing. I asked the manager afterward if there was any room in the circus for me. He just laughed. So instead I'm thinking about writing a book entitled, "Behind the Makeup: Circus Stories". Would you buy it?


2. Next was a painting exhibition at Ki'Bok, my favorite cafe in La Ceiba (the only cool one). My new friend Sonia, a Brazillian painter, was featuring her work. It was a delightful occasion.


3. Last I went to a festival in Corozal. Essentially the festival is just a reason for people to dance and drink all weekend long. Here you see older women singing and dancing punta, the traditional dance of Garifuna communities. The ladies were really sweet and tried to teach me.

1 comment:

Seth J. Putnam said...

Haha.

http://www.stuffjournalistslike.com/2008/12/26-writing-a-bo.html