Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm BACK!

After about 18 hours in transit and various flights, buses and taxis I arrived back at my Honduran apartment last night.

I've never returned to a foreign destination after a few weeks of absence. It's definitely a weird experience, but good at the same time. I almost feel like I'm seeing Honduras with new eyes. The initial fear and nervousness I felt when I first moved here last August is gone. I know what I'm getting myself into now. I'm not exactly looking forward to school, but I'm excited about what the next six months will bring.

So far my time back has been rather uneventful. I've spent all day unpacking and grocery shopping, stopping now and then to play with my landlord's son and his friend Willy. I gave them each a fun dip candy and now we're best friends. It helps too that I have a guitar! Enjoy the photos:
My landlord's son ... I can't remember his name.

Willy


Rockstars

1 comment: