Wednesday, January 14, 2009

sometimes it's cool being a teacher...

Just wanted to share this essay with you. It was written by one of my 11th graders. It's so sweet and I promise I didn't pay her to write it!

In case you can't read the picture, here's what is says:

"I think Ms. Moberly has done an excellent job with us in English. No English teacher has ever been as enthusiastic to give a class like her. She stimulates our learning by playing and having fun. At first, most of us didn't like to write, and had a horrible way of writing and expressing in paper. Now, personally, writing is one of the easiest things for me. One of my favorite subjects has always been English, and now more. The way she has opened us to learn to talk and write in English will always be there to help us in the future. Writing essays is not always boring. It all depends on the theme. She always gives us a fun topic, or sometimes lets us choose. Some still don't like to write. Personally I always over-write the amount of words she assigns. She has inspired me to write. It makens that when I grab a pen and paper I feel free and let all my ideas flow through. I never thought I would write abotu Shakespeare or one of his novels. In fact, I was never interested. She has shown us that English is not boring. Instead, it can be mroe fun than what you may expect. I hoipe future generations get to meet her if she still teaches in teh future. I hope she keeps making a difference in others' lives as she has made in me."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really great!
I would like to follow your blog, but I cannot find the link.
My page is ameena666.blogspot.com
it's nowhere as impressive as yours!

Anthony said...

she's just buttering you up!
ok just kidding, this sounds really rewarding. like evidence that what you're doing inspires and makes a difference.

Palindroman said...

Emily,
I love your blog. I love your consistent updates. Please inspire me on how to do that.

Also..I love T.I. No Matter What is the best song...care to argue?